AAUI

From: Iggy Drougge <optimus_at_canit.se>
Date: Tue Mar 27 17:52:04 2001

Tony Duell skrev:

>> That reminds me, since I'm an AUI novice. I picked up a DB15 straight
>> through cable at Fry's (it was sold as a joystick extension but it works

>I wouldn't use that for an AUI interface. It's not going to be twisted
>pair, let alone twisted pair of the right impedance.

Twisted pair? What exactly does that entail?
As for impedance, I was under the impression, judging from the current
discussion on the topic of 10B5 wiring, that the actual work of making the AUI
output ethernet-worthy lay in the transceiver.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.
You can pay off the cops so they won't visit your neighborhood,convince girls