AAUI

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue Mar 27 23:49:18 2001

>>A huge number of graphics designers are still 100% behind the mac, and
>>cheerfully plop down thousands for the best hardware.
>
>Now, that's true in the case of Radius and RasterOps cards, but why common
>gamer and lamer cards?

The hottest card for the mac, and anything else has to be the Geforce3,
most of the other mac compatible cards are rather generic in performance.
Its a sick joke that two of the card makers that can be recommended for
mac, Ix and 3dfx are both down the toilet.

>>OTOH there are NO cheap PCI video cards for the mac, or cheap sound cards.
>
>Why? No Virge drivers, no SB drivers?

My guess is that its too expensive to write the drivers and offer support,
compared to what the companies see as the benefit. Part of it is while
Apple now sells a few computers again, a good portion of those are the
stinkin imac with little or no expansion.