ide harddrive

From: ajp166 <ajp166_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed Mar 28 20:43:19 2001

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>

>I've seen, and, in fact, own, several parallel port to SCSI interfaces,
but
>never a parallel port to IDE type. It's quite conceivable, though. The
>software would be a pain, however.

I have one for Parallel to 3.5" IDE and another for parallel to 2.5" ide.
They work quite well and are much faster than zip or jazz drives.

Also with ECP or EPP the transfers are 8bit bidirectional. The logic
to do that is fairly simple as you simply stack up bytes or half bytes
until you have a 16bit word to write and to read you reverse that to
move successive chunks.

Allison