ide harddrive

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Thu Mar 29 13:21:23 2001

Let me rephrase ... I've yet to see a ROM BIOS that contains a floppy/hard disk
handler that talks through a parllel port. If you're going to boot from a
device, the ROM is the guy that's got to have the code to talk to the boot
device. If it's on the boot device, it won't boot just because it's there. It
has to be in the ROM.

Excuuuse me! ... I didn't believe that int13 was anything other than a logical
interrupt vector, and that the ISR to which it points was a body of code.
That's why, until AMI, AWARD, and Phoenix BIOS' have specific code for
addressing disk I/O via the parallel port, you won't be able to boot from it.
Maybe they've gotten around to that, but I've yet to see it.

Dick