Apple LWPro parallel port?

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Mar 29 14:01:23 2001

>The other thing to consider is: Will OS X run at a useful speed on her
>computer? Does the new versions of Photoshop require more RAM and / or
>computing power?

    I just finished an install of OS X on a Beige G3/300 with 192MB RAM and
it seems to run fine. I'm doing the initial testing on the G3/300 before
installing it on the newer G4's we have. I installed it over the top of a
current OS 8.6 setup and in fact, this email is being sent from Outlook
running on 'Classic' under OS X. The install went painlessly, the speed is
acceptable and it was quite simple getting the network settings put back to
where everything worked. OS X ships with 3 CD's, one of which is OS 9.1,
which I had to upgrade 8.6 to prior to installing OS X. 9.1 is what it
actually uses to run 'Classic' applications.

    BTW, for those familiar with NeXTstep, it's easy to see the lineage
behind OS X. They even kept the spinning multicolored pinwheel while the
system is loading.

    Jeff