Write only programming

From: R. D. Davis <rdd_at_rddavis.org>
Date: Fri Mar 1 16:44:10 2002

Quothe Frank McConnell, from writings of Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 09:39:39PM -0800:
> No comments? I think you're forgetting the potential of comments as
> things whose maintenance is a lesser priority and whose relationship
> to the code may therefore differ from the reader's expectations.

:-)

Another useful thing to do wiht comments is to obfuscate them - for
example, write them in Morse code. Also, it can be useful to have a
program, or script, which strips all *useful* comments from code,
which is ideal for "work for hire" situations; e.g., you want to be
able to read the useful comments for future reference to make your
life easier, but you don't want your employer or cow-orkers to be able
to see them in the copy of the code that they receive, with your copy
of the code saved as an encrypted file.

--
Copyright (C) 2001 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals:
All Rights Reserved            an unnatural belief that we're above Nature &