Non-Sol version of SOLOS For Sale on E-Pay

From: Jim Battle <frustum_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri Mar 1 22:36:29 2002

At 07:46 AM 3/1/02 +0000, you wrote:
>On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Douglas Quebbeman wrote:
>
> > I remember reading about this, I'm surprised they
> > ever actually sold any:
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2004920012
>
>It's just a third party ROM board that happens to have a SOLOS EPROM in
>it. While you could speculate that Processor Technology sold this
>(unlikely), it's more likely that some hacker back in the day put this
>together.
>
>Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival
>International Man of Intrigue and Danger http://www.vintage.org

Have a look at this brochure:

http://www.thebattles.net/sol20/articles/1977catalog.pdf

Page 15 describes the "2KRO" board made by Processor Tech. The brochure
says you can populate it with 1708's, which obviously isn't the case with
the board in the ebay listing since SOLOS is 2KB and it is in one socket in
the listing.

However, it might instead be the ALS-8 development ROM board -- a board
containing the ALS8 development system in ROM, but with SOLOS plugged in
instead.