Write only programming

From: Douglas Quebbeman <dhquebbeman_at_theestopinalgroup.com>
Date: Sat Mar 2 13:51:48 2002

Rest In Peace, Ludwig Van Beethoven is correct.

The programmer had finally figured out the original
coder's intent, and found it had nothing to do with
the program at all. The original coder seems to have
been amused by seeing the composer's year of death at
that address and added the comment.

The point of the yarn was to be careful in relying
on the comments. I've gone through source code where
I had a historical trail of changes, and found that some
programmers change the code but don't update the comments.

They should be shot for this behavoir, but then there
might not be enough programmers to go around...

...if only...

-dq