Symbolics rescue (question about picture)

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
Date: Sat Mar 2 17:06:39 2002

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Jay West wrote:

> For nostalgic reasons, I have wanted to acquire two particular disk drives
> for a PDP-11 of mine... I don't remember what they are called or what brand.
> But - there are two of them in the very far right of the symbolics rescue
> picture at the top of the rack with light brown trim line across the front.
> Can anyone tell me what those are - and if there are any around to be
> obtained? How hard are they to work on? Is the positioner based on patterns
> on the drive or a glass reticule?
> >
> http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~moeller/symbolics-info/3600.html

I'm sure this has been answered already, but those are Diablo 31 drives.

I've got one that came with my Nicolet 1080 machine. I also have an RK05f
which is the DEC OEM version.

On another (old) topic, are you still interested in that HP 7970E tape
drive?

Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *