OT: Netscape data files

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Sun Mar 3 12:33:30 2002

Though I don't use it myself, a friend, subject to the whims of the management
of QWEST, has been forced into using their somewhat customized Netscape
version. His system recently experienced a crash of some sort, resulting in
its becoming operational, though impaired by the fact the SCANDISK utility
reduced a number of directories from what they formerly were to the infamous
DIR000n where n is some number between 0 and 1FE or some such. The files
seem, apparently, to be in place, though the structure is lost. He wants me
to help him find his Netscape data files so he can recover his address book
and most recent emails from when he was using QWEST, which he doesn't any
longer.

Do any of you guys use Nestcape under Windows and know it well enough to know
which files contain these items? Internet Explorer knows how to import this
data from Netscape, but doesn't know how to search for the files. If I knew
the file names, I'd have no trouble, methinks.

Any "spiritual guidance" with respect to this problem would be appreciated.

thanks,

Dick