why won't this work??

From: Chad Fernandez <fernande_at_internet1.net>
Date: Mon Mar 4 12:48:02 2002

It's a Tandberg Internal QIC 2GB SCSI Tape Drive Model: TDC 4220,
although it is the IBM version. It is supposed to be able to read a
qic24 tape, as I checked Tandberg's web site before I bought it. I
don't know how to identify the tape anymore than qic24. I have zero
tape drive experience.

I installed the drive into an IBM 3510 enclosure, enabled termination
power, set the id to 2, and enabled parity. Should I have not enabled
parity? I figured it would be desirable, and I think the Adaptec 1640
scsi card will handle it. Maybe I should explore that.

I get a error message that mentions something about not being able to
establish block size..... I didn't write it down.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA