Suggestions for hauling Computer Garage from Beaverton, OR to , Yates Center, KS?

From: William Donzelli <aw288_at_osfn.org>
Date: Tue Mar 5 00:04:18 2002

> (0) If you use a trailer, you had better watch the weather forecast.
> We're beginning the severe storm season in this part of the country.
> Finding a long, dry period may be difficult.

If things need to go on an unprotected trailer (big things, not lots of
little boxes), industrial shrinkwrap will make a very nice, weatherproof
caccoon. The trick is to use a *lot* of shrinkwrap (AT LEAST 8 layers in
all spots) and lots of good tape when the wrapping is done (tape does not
do much for the weatherproofing, it is more for holding the shrinkwrap
together while driving). This caccoon is good for several weeks, at least,
but I recommend that it be removed as soon as possible.

I have moved dozens of large things on my flatbed, all tucked-up in
shrinkwrap, and have never had a problem - even in poring rain and snow.

It also keeps all of the loose nuts and bolts that rattle around on the
trailer, and not the Interstate.

William Donzelli
aw288_at_osfn.org