Shipping Big Iron & Rail Right-Of-Way Abandonment

From: John Chris Wren <jcwren_at_jcwren.com>
Date: Wed Mar 6 08:46:57 2002

        This is interesting. I'll have to pass it on the people doing the research
at the university. My "fact" was based on their "fact", so I'm guilty of
propogating unconfirmed information. I had heard of the 1-in-5 for years,
but figured talking to someone who did research for NHTSA (National Highway
Traffic Safety Administration) would know better than I.

        This should be something you'd think they know about, since they have to
worry about all the other factors, like banking, minimum radius of
exit/entry ramps, lane widths, etc.

        --John