I have a PDP-11/34 programmer's console, what should I do with it?

From: Ben Franchuk <bfranchuk_at_jetnet.ab.ca>
Date: Thu Mar 7 09:09:22 2002

Jochen Kunz wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 02:13:44AM +0100, Andreas Freiherr wrote:
>
> > Good luck! Meanwhile, I'll try to get that blown 74123 out of my RX211
> Best method for replacing chips is to cut the pins of the broken
> part and then take out the single pins with a desoldering pump.
> Works good even on multilayers with a good soldering iron.
>
> > I suspect replacing the 74123 with a 74LS123 will change the timing? -
> Depends on the purpose of the gate. If it is not used to generate
> timing it should be no problem to replace it with a LS type. (IMHO)

Still check the schematic and a datasheet , as you have less drive
on the LS chip and I think the 74123's and the 74LS123's handle
the clear line differently. On one the clear could trigger the one shot.
Also they have 74123's here for $1.28 http://www.rocelec.com/

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html