ADV: International Trade

From: James B. DiGriz <jbdigriz_at_dragonsweb.org>
Date: Thu Mar 7 18:56:58 2002

Sellam Ismail wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 calmanagement_at_earthlink.net wrote:
>

>>This is NOT SPAM - You have received this e-mail because at one time or
>>another you requested information from us regarding international trade
>>

> Ok, since this is NOT SPAM, who signed up the list to receive spam from
> Itrade?
>
> Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival
> International Man of Intrigue and Danger http://www.vintage.org
>
> * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

Yeah, what a coincidence. Just after my comments on hypocritical
hand-waving re the Great Firewall of China, to Tapley, earlier today.

Maybe some shit-disturber with a warped sense of "humor"? Maybe the same
joker who has Earthlink, otherwise one of the better big ISP's,
inconvenience their customers by blocking port 25 outbound and sending
them nastygrams accusing them of running one of those wicked open relays
if they attempt to send mail to an Earthlink address from their own mail
server on an Earthlink dialup. (Not a problem if you come from outside
or bypass the MX servers and use an internal corporate relay like
calmanagement here has done.)

No, I don't spam, of course not. There are people dumb enough of course
not to know yet that spamming is moronic and counterproductive as a
business practice, and there will be until everyone has been on the net
for some time, and there are also people who think it's a clever way to
annoy people. Same kind of people who get off on cyber, prolly. Why
reward wankers like them? I just ignore what little can't be filtered
out (without stomping on legitimate mail, dammit, I once lost out on a
killer deal on pallet load of Pentium II Overdrive upgrades because the
guy's ISP was using DUL blocking) and I heartily recommend this approach
to anyone.

jbdigriz