DEC distribution tapes - VAX vs RISC

From: Mzthompson_at_aol.com <(Mzthompson_at_aol.com)>
Date: Fri Mar 8 19:40:11 2002

I was looking through my DEC tapes to see what VAX, if any, were
there. I found most tapes clearly marked RISC, and none marked VAX.

I did find a couple tapes, early versions of Ultrix. They were not
marked as for VAX or otherwise, but were dated around 1987 or 1988.

So the question is when did the RISC series of processors come into
use, and are these 'unmarked' tapes likely for VAX?

TIA
Mike Thompson