Unix on MVII; Was Re: MicroVAX-II questions

From: Doc <doc_at_mdrconsult.com>
Date: Sat Mar 9 17:26:05 2002

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 jkunz_at_unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:

  Thanks for the pointers. I've got the Quasijarus0a distribution
downloaded; now I just need to make tapes and read a lot.

> > Heck, I may end up having to populate the VS-II too (nice BA123 w/
> > 3x RD53, TK50, totally bare QBus)
> VS? You mean there is GPX graphics board set in it? Nice. I have to
> build a new bulkhead for the GPX in my MV III...

  No, I mean the front bezel says "VAXstation II" There's no GPX, or
storage controllers, or communication controllers, or memory, or CPU.
  That's what I meant by "totally bare QBus". The cab kits, drives, and
bulkheads are there for the GPX, an RQDX3, a DEQNA, a TQK50, and
the KA630; but there are no boards at all. It looks like someone
stripped it for the refiners.

        Doc