problems with INITIALIZE MUC6: (TK50)

From: Geoff Roberts <geoffrob_at_stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au>
Date: Sun Mar 10 19:51:15 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gunther Schadow" <gunther_at_aurora.regenstrief.org>
To: <classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 12:03 PM
Subject: VMS: problems with INITIALIZE MUC6: (TK50)

> Could it be that the TK50 tape doesn't play well with the TQK70
> controller? Would it be better if I hooked the TK50 to the DEBNT,
> but where on the backplane rear do I connect this sort of thing
> and how is the IDC connector wired on the VAXBI side?

The TK70 will read TK50 carts. It will not write to a previously used TK50
unless it is bulk erased, and I
wouldn't trust it then. It's meant to write only to TK70 media.
I don't think the TK50 will work properly (or at all) on a TQK70 controller.

You'd be far better off getting a TK70 tape for it.

Cheers

Geoff in Oz