Open systems: was DEC kidding about itself?

From: Gunther Schadow <gunther_at_aurora.regenstrief.org>
Date: Sun Mar 10 20:23:39 2002

Hi found this funny t-shirt being auctioned on ePay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2008676061

What I don't quite understand is what message this t-shirt
was supposed to convey, so I just thought may be I should
take it literally. And so I did :-) See here:

http://aurora.regenstrief.org/VAX/open-systems.jpg

regards,
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow_at_regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine