eBay Purchase

From: Jerome Fine <jhfine_at_idirect.com>
Date: Tue Mar 12 11:21:05 2002

>Wayne M. Smith wrote:

> Well, you may be spending your time writing complicated e-mails when a simple phone call (or shorter e-mail) would likely clear up
> what appears to be nothing more than a simple miscommunication. I think you need to give the benefit of the doubt to a seller with
> a 500+ feedback rating with virtually no negatives. Why not ask the seller for his phone number so you can talk and try to clear
> this up. He probably doesn't know what you're talking about (or deosn't have the patience to figure it out) and thinks shipping per
> your requirements will be a big hassle.
>
> On the other hand, he may just be a jerk. Either way, it's probably worth some time and effort to figure it out without resorting
> to contacting Ebay.

Jerome Fine replies:

I thought the same. Perhaps my last e-mail (with his phone number)
helped. Since he is shipping via USPS (which only requires the
GREEN CN-22 to be filled in - which is the alternate form that
I specifically mentioned might be used instead), he has now
agreed to fill in that form. I am still not sure what he will use for
the value of the item, but it SHOULD be the auction price of
$ US 11.50 - which makes a big difference to me when a
carrier like UPS charges to clear a shipment through customs.

For now I will NOT contact eBay.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Sincerely yours,

Jerome Fine