Semi-OT: PMac 6100 DOS

From: Christopher Smith <csmith_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Tue Mar 12 12:39:27 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Marion.Bates_at_dartmouth.edu [mailto:Marion.Bates_at_dartmouth.edu]

> The PC side _seems_ to be booting up ok (I can hear faint
> Windows system beeps, and the PC Setup control panel reports
> that "PC is running") but I can't switch over. When I hit
> "switch to PC" the Mac's screen goes dimmer, the cursor
> disappears, and the PC Clipboard becomes the active app, but
> nothing else happens after a good 5 minutes of waiting.

Sounds like maybe the Mac drivers for the card need
re-installed. Not that I have any more experience with this
stuff than you, probably...

> I mounted the PC disk image on the Mac side and poked through
> it, and it looks like there are some major filesystem issues
> -- open a folder and it contains the whole top level
> directory listing, including itself -- open a subfolder, same
> thing, etc. probably to infinity. It needs a complete

This "folder" isn't named '.' is it? ;)

Chris

Christopher Smith, Perl Developer
Amdocs - Champaign, IL

/usr/bin/perl -e '
print((~"\x95\xc4\xe3"^"Just Another Perl Hacker.")."\x08!\n");
'