CD-ROM on RT-11?

From: Tom Leffingwell <tom_at_sba.miami.edu>
Date: Tue Mar 12 14:58:07 2002

        While waiting and hoping for my SCSI controller, I was curious if
anyone knows if its possible to burn a CD-ROM of the OS and my program, to
boot my 11/23 from a SCSI CD-ROM. I would assume the controller/OS would
just see this as a regular disk. The only problem I can think of would be
if something tried to write to the disk, which obviously wouldn't work.
My program doesn't write any files to the disk. As far as I can tell, the
OS doesn't either. Has anyone ever tried this?

        I was mainly thinking CD-ROM would be nice option because if the
drive fails, the data is unaffected, and its easy and inexpensive to copy
CDs.

Thanks,

Tom