ZX-TEAM meeting and Webcam

From: Stan Barr <stanb_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri Mar 15 13:14:20 2002

Hi,

"Glen Goodwin" <acme_ent_at_bellsouth.net> said:
> > From: Stan Barr <stanb_at_dial.pipex.com>
>
> > Just curious, but what do you guys *do* with ZX81s? I've got one rebuilt
> in
> > a large box with loads of i/o ports and a2d converter running
> multi-tasking
> > Forth, but I've not plugged it in for a while...
>
> Okay, check out:
>
> http://home.freiepresse.de/befis/zx96_e.htm
>
> Then tell me what you *can't* do with a ZX81 ;>)

Great stuff! It inspired me to dig my old thing out and plug it in.
It powers up OK, but the display won't sync on my colour tv (a known
problem with zx81s...) so I guess I'll have to add a monitor output.

[snip]

> Sellam once said that the ZX-TEAMers were "fanatical hackers." How else is
> science advanced, other than fanatical hacking (and dumb luck)?

Well, I can do the *dumb* part ;-)

> My personal project is WIN-ZX, which will perform many of the tasks Windows
> 3.1 handled for the PC. Presently it requires a 64KB system with a
> MEFISDOS-based IDE hard drive, but I hope to trim it down to 16KB and
> cassette tape.

The old Forth system in mine (Skywave Forth) did multiple (tiled, text)
windows back in '83 when most home users had never seen a computer do
more than one thing at a time ;-) I used to use it as a data logger,
until it was replaced by an old XT...

--
Cheers,
Stan Barr  stanb_at_dial.pipex.com