Semi-OT: PMac 6100 DOS

From: Chris <mythtech_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Mar 15 18:03:00 2002

>> One is the HDI-45 to RGB adaptor, that came with all the "AV" powermacs
>> that had the AV video port.

>This is the one I've been looking for... I have had this 6100 for over
>a year and haven't run across the HDI-45 adapter for less than $15-$20
>shipped.

There are literally DOZENS of these on eBay... as long as you don't mind
3rd party ones (if you want a true apple one, you might actually have to
look a few times over the course of 2 weeks before one shows up... even
those aren't exactly rare).

But, you are right, almost all of them end up in the $20 range after
shipping (and many before shipping). Again, it isn't because of demand,
but rather because 90% of them are 3rd party, all sold by the same
person, and all with starting bids of $9.99 + $10 shipping and handling.
Almost all go unbid, but because of that, the few that get listed by
someone else for lower prices, get driven up by people trying to get a
better deal (or from the one guy slamming the bids to make his the
cheapest for all I know).

-chris

<http://www.mythtech.net>