List Management - RESPONSE

From: Marvin Johnston <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Sat Mar 16 08:50:59 2002

Jay West wrote:

> Please read the entire message below from the list admin (who is trying very
> hard not to come out of his skin and choke someone)...

Jay, count me as one who is quite satisfied with your handling of this
listserver!

I find the change of subject but not changing the subject line annoying
and do pretty much the same thing you do with them. Yup, I do lose some
good info, but good is relative; it is not worth my time to parse each
message to try and find something of interest.

Again, the spam is not a problem; it is the multiple complaints about
the spam that helps lowers the S/N ratio (which is already pretty low)
of this listserver. But again, this is a subscriber responsibility
issue, and I like the way you have been handling it.

> I have listened to the discussion about SPAM, I have been talking to others
> on the list privately about it, and I will announce my intended solution as
> soon as I am damn well ready to commit to something. Yes, I have a proposed
> solution, it does NOT involve moderating the list, and as soon as I am
> satisfied that it is the best route to go, I will post it on the list for
> final discussion in case some people vehemently disagree with it.

Another indication that you are doing a good job!!! Keep up the good
work!!!