RFQ: boards drilled and undrilled

From: Ben Franchuk <bfranchuk_at_jetnet.ab.ca>
Date: Sat Mar 16 11:30:37 2002

John Allain wrote:

> Request for quotation:
>
> If I wanted a, say, 10+ACI-x10+ACI- pcb made to order,
> what would I expect to pay and what format
> drawings would the maker take?
>
> John A.

There are several PCB fabrication places on the web. As ball park figure
call it $75 for set up and about $1 a square inch just to process a
board.
Most places require a 2 board minimum, and use CAD layout and drill
files.
Other options of course cost more because of manual labor. To have a PCB
board made from a schematic costs about $3 a pin to get the cad layout
made.
The best free pcb layout program I have found is easytrax for dos.

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html