List Management

From: Marvin Johnston <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Sat Mar 16 12:30:08 2002

Jay West wrote:

> Interesting to me that Sellam shoud say that he doesn't want me to be the
> one to decide solely how the list is run. There is a rather amusing footnote
> to that which I really didn't want to share. But....

My last post on all of this:

I think all of us are somewhat, er, maybe opinionated :) and Sellam is
no exception. But I think it is also important to realize that VCF was
started as a result of discussion on this list. Sellam didn't just talk
about it and say, gee ... what a neat idea. He went out and did
something! and put on VCF 1.0, and ...

If I recall correctly, Jay *volunteered* to host this listserver when
the UOW decided not to host it anymore. He has also *volunteered* to
make available his bandwidth available for members that need it (at no
cost to us).

We all have strengths and weaknesses, and we will accomplish a LOT more
by working together. There is a tremendous amount of talent and
knowledge (and generosity!) here on this list; let's take advantage of
it instead of knocking it.