boards drilled and undrilled

From: John Chris Wren <jcwren_at_jcwren.com>
Date: Sat Mar 16 16:26:02 2002

        I have no idea how the double quotes that were used to indicate inches (10
inches by 15 inches) were turned into +ACI-. I've never seen before, and I
believe it was sent as plain text, although I am not 100% sure (since I have
already deleted the message).

        I use Protel, but I have a registered copy, so I can't tell you what
packages are available. I thought that EasyTrax or one of the others had an
option where you could buy 1000 pins or so for $19 or $29. At any rate, it
seemed pretty inexpensive.

        You haven't indicated how many ICs, etc are on the board, only the
dimensions. Perhaps with a little more information, some better suggestions
could be offered. Oh, and somewhere I ran across a site that compared the
major CAD packages, along with cost, features, etc. Perhaps a google.com
search for "PCB layout packages reviews" or something may turn it up. Once
I had settled on Protel, I pretty much forgot what I knew about the rest.

        --John