ZX-TEAM meeting and Webcam

From: Glen Goodwin <acme_ent_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat Mar 16 21:39:01 2002

> From: Stan Barr <stanb_at_dial.pipex.com>

> Great stuff! It inspired me to dig my old thing out and plug it in.

My wife asked me to do that just this evening ;>)

> It powers up OK, but the display won't sync on my colour tv (a known
> problem with zx81s...) so I guess I'll have to add a monitor output.

A trivial task.

> The old Forth system in mine (Skywave Forth) did multiple (tiled, text)
> windows back in '83 when most home users had never seen a computer do
> more than one thing at a time ;-) I used to use it as a data logger,
> until it was replaced by an old XT...

But it could still do the job, right?

The ZX-Web-Cam and chat were a blast. It was up for a total of six hours,
but they were the "after"-hours where the discussion was more on beer than
computers. I did hear that a TCP/IP stack is near completion, and Kai
Fischer brought a prototype ZX2000, but I don't have details on either one
yet. Should be up on the ZX-TEAM homepage soon.

Glen
0/0