ZX-TEAM meeting and Webcam

From: Glen Goodwin <acme_ent_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat Mar 16 22:07:45 2002

> From: Tony Duell <ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk>

> But surely, if you link up a different keyboard (good idea as the Zx81
> keyboard is unusable IMHO), and then use an LCD display then there's not
> much of the original ZX81 left.

Sure there is. If you change the keyboard and monitor on a PC it's still a
PC -- same for the ZX81. In most cases we're just adding peripheral i/o
devices, RAM, and beefier PSUs and mounting the whole mess in a larger
enclosure.

OTOH I saw plenty of plain black ZX81s at this year's meeting, used to
demonstrate software.

> > Sure, some of these operations are slow, but the point is that we're
doing
> > a *lot* with "obsolete" hardware. If we can get this kind of
functionality

> That applies to a number of serious old-computer user groups, actually...

Yup, it's great that there are so many people out there still fanatically
hacking so many different machines . . .

Glen
0/0