ZX-TEAM meeting and Webcam

From: Glen Goodwin <acme_ent_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon Mar 18 23:41:35 2002

> From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>

[Tony Duell wrote]
> > And the ZX81 BASIC is so unpleasant (single-key entry -- YUK!)
>
> Hey, I liked it!

Thank you, Hans. I knew I couldn't be the only one ;>)

> > Therefore it's probably as easy to start with a bare CPU chip...
>
> Maybe, but then you have to make a board, and at least a ZX
> compatible edge connector for all the great perhipherals ...
> So after all, using a ZX81 is just a cheap way to get exactly
> this.

Exactly. For five or ten US dollars (or free, mostly) you get an easily
hacked micro with all the lines available on the expansion connector and a
decent built-in BASIC if you need it. Plus 8KB of available address space
in the 8-16KB region which is perfectly suited to add-ins such as NVRAM or,
my favorite, a disk operating system in ROM.

Glen
0/0