offline drives: Re: MVII Diags Chapter 2

From: Allison <ajp166_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue Mar 19 11:11:50 2002

From: Doc <doc_at_mdrconsult.com>
>just show a dead drive as "offline"?
> I put the original RD54 back in as drive 0 and no longer get the RQDXA
>errors from the diags, but both drives 1&2, RD53s, are showing as
>offline RD51s. What's up with that?

NOTE: DEC jumpers all RDxxs the same regardless of how many are on
the controller {they are cable selected}. If memory is accurate All RDxx
should be jumpered for #3. REPEAT ALL DRIVES ARE JUMPERED
THE SAME even drive address.

I assume the controller is RQDX2 or 3 and the box is BA123 with the 4
drive interface card (M9xxx). FYI: if there is a RX50 on that controller
then ONLY TWO RDxx drives can be used as an RX50 uses two drive
numbers. If you want three RDxx drives and a floppy then use a RX33
(TEAC FD55GFV, with correct jumpers) OR use two RQDX controllers
and associated breakout cards.

Watch for upside down cables and or bad cables.

Allison