ZX-TEAM meeting and Webcam

From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>
Date: Wed Mar 20 07:09:30 2002

> > >Well, if you're going to make an external keyboard, LCD interface,
> > >digitiser, etc, then you're going to have to make some boards as well.
> > >Might as well just stick the Z80 on one of them.

> > That's true but I think they just enjoy seeing who can hang the most
> > stuff off of a ZX81. Sort of like the guys that see who can put the biggest
> > engine inside a Chevy Vega!

> I kind of thought the ZX81 was a VW Bug :)

Which reminds me that the VW is still one real neat tuning
object. Possibly the closest to US Hot Rods we have (German
Law is a bit different. There is no 'if the car is older than
xxx no new regulations apply and you may do whatever you want'
regulation. If an old car is not registered for some time you
eiter bring him bac in 100% original state to reactivate the
licence, or if you modify it, it has to comply to all actual
regulations). Usualy all the muscle cars are build with actual
cars. but a small but still vivid scene of Beetle geeks is
alive - just two weeks ago I saw a brand new redone 1950 VW
(two rear window version) which _almost_ looked like original.
Just a bit lower - looking inside everything looked regular,
except the racing seets ... and asking the owner I learnd that
it had a complete new frame with a racing break system and a
230 horese power turbo charged 2.5 liter engine ... good for
going long distance at 140+ mp/h (230 km/h) on the Autobahn.

Sounds like a ZX81 running a web browser and TCP/IP.

:))

Gruss
H.

--
VCF Europa 3.0 am 27./28. April 2002 in Muenchen
http://www.vcfe.org/