list changes & RFC on archives & rack chassis

From: Chris <mythtech_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Mar 20 14:31:42 2002

>BTW, the latest AOL cannot be 'de-HTML-ized' from what I've heard - you can
>send plaintext mail, but if you reply to an HTMLized email, the entire
>message stays HTMLized and you can't change it.

This is correct. There is not way to "turn off" HTML at all in the latest
AOL. The only thing you can do is use ONLY the default email text
settings. If you do that, then AOL will send a text only email. But ANY
alterations to it will cause AOL to send HTML email (you can redefault it
in the prefs to turn it back off).

And if you receive an HTML email, you can't de-HTML it in AOL. Once HTML,
always HTML in AOL.

-chris

<http://www.mythtech.net>