MiniMINC

From: Bill Pechter <pechter_at_bg-tc-ppp24.monmouth.com>
Date: Wed Mar 20 21:29:14 2002

> > I've just got hold of a DEC MiniMINC - supposedly an LSI/11 woth 2 8"
> > floppy drives (I've not had a good look at it yet as I've spent all day
> > installing Solaris 8 on the SPARCstation 10 I picked up at the same time
> > ;). Anyone have any more information about this beast?
>
> If it's the machine I think it is, it's closely related to the PDT11/150.
> There is an LSI11 in there, but with some odd (by PDP11 standards)
> peripherals.
>
> I am not sure how the miniMINC differes from a PDT11/150. By rights, the
> miniMINC should have some kind of 'lab' I/O (ADC, etc), but I have no
> details of that.
>
> -tony

The MiniMINC didn't have any lab I/O -- just the usual rs232 ports,
dual RX01-like 8 inch drives and RT11...

It did, however, run multiterminal genned RT and MultiUser Basic,
Fortran and Basic+ for RT11.

Bill

--
  d|i|g|i|t|a|l had it THEN.  Don't you wish you could still buy it now!
  bpechter_at_shell.monmouth.com|pechter_at_ureach.com