Plexus minicomputer?

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
Date: Thu Mar 21 03:07:48 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Michael Nadeau wrote:

> It's a Multibus, Unix-based system running on multiple Z8000 processors.
> The October 1983 BYTE has a little info on it on page 140, if you happen
> to have that issue lying around.

I picked it up yesterday. I was mostly trying to determine it's size and
heft, as the guy who had it characterized it as being a behemoth. Turns
out I was able to lift it into my SUV after taking off the skins and
removing the 8" hard drives.

It's a model P75. I was under the impression that it was 68000 based but
being Z8000 based makes it much cooler. This machine was going to be used
to create a trading floor for the seafood market, but the company went
bust before they got very far.

I have the marketing literature for the machine but haven't had a chance
to go through it yet.

Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *