Destruction of DEC

From: Andreas Freiherr <Andreas.Freiherr_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Thu Mar 21 13:17:13 2002

John Allain wrote:
> If I recall correctly, it played out like so:

> VMS operating system future development cut.
> Corrections and Additions welcomed.

Huh? - How does cutting development match what is at this very moment
available at

        http://www.openvms.compaq.com/openvms/roadmap/openvms_roadmaps.htm

where they detail the migration to Itanium and assure us about what in
detail will be ported (and what will not be, see slide #6).

They also give details about what is in current and soon-to-be released
versions of OpenVMS (slide #8).

So, I really hope there's a good bunch of time left until end-of-life
for VMS! :-)

--
Andreas Freiherr
Vishay Semiconductor GmbH, Heilbronn, Germany