IBM PPC Laptop on eBay

From: Robert Schaefer <rschaefe_at_gcfn.org>
Date: Thu Mar 21 20:48:34 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doc" <doc_at_mdrconsult.com>
To: <classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: IBM PPC Laptop on eBay

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:
>
> > I saw this on eBay and thought people here might be interested:
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2011374761
>
> Ooowwww....
>
> That's the ultimate laptop. Unfortunately, this one will likely get
> well into 4 figures.

It must not be that great a deal, as it hasn't sold yet via buy it now. I
took several long looks at it, and even went so far as to look at the
sellers me page. First off, it's got one of those G_D damned
cursor-chasers. That's one big turn off right there. Then, after the page
loaded (faster than the auction itself) I read some of his other
restrictions. No pickup, no questions, ships whenever he gets around to it,
I couldn't see one reason why I would want to do business with this schmuck.
It's too bad, I would have liked to bid on it, but anyone who won't allow a
local pickup (even if I can't take advantage of it) I absolutely won't do
business with. <insert rant here> Stupid sellers.

On a less OT note, hmmm, well, I can't think of anything ATM.

> Doc

Bob