Source code for 805x line-by-line assembler?

From: Douglas Quebbeman <dhquebbeman_at_theestopinalgroup.com>
Date: Mon Mar 25 09:34:20 2002

> 805x processors cannot (without external hardware) write to program memory,
so any
> line assembler would be dependant on some (common) hardware tricks to write
> program space.

Although I keep some Intel parts around, I prefer the Dallas
Semiconductor DS5000 familiy, which allows software to partition
its 64k memory between code space and data space.

However, I'll grant that this qualifies under your definition of
"hardware tricks", even though it's not quite what you had in mind.

Regards,
-dq