ZX81 and 6116

From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>
Date: Wed Mar 27 03:36:50 2002

> > line goes to which address pin on the SRAM, only that it goes to an address

> The same applies (of course) to data lines. Provided each data lines goes
> to _a_ data pin on the SRAM, it'll work. The data lines are bidirectional
> on these chips, so if a bit is written on a particular line it'll be read
> out on the same line. It doesn't matter what the RAM manufacturer called
> it -- all data pins are equivalent on the chip.

Yep, true. The only situation I know where this has any
impact is if you use an in circuit RAM logger/emulator,
which picks the data from the RAM socket and of course
in all outputs assume that the lines are in 'standard'
use.

Gruss
H.

--
VCF Europa 3.0 am 27./28. April 2002 in Muenchen
http://www.vcfe.org/