More VMS

From: Christopher Smith <csmith_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Wed Mar 27 12:02:23 2002

Have you tried screen? :) Seriously, It's a GNU app, maybe somebody
put conditionals in for VMS. It would take a bit of work.

I have considered trying that, myself, if it's not already done,
but it would have to wait until my Cthugha on IRIX is working
solidly, putting it somewhere ahead of TERM on the UnixPC in the
project pipeline ;)

You can use spawn/nowait to run stuff "in the background," somewhat
like the Unix "thing &" -- you can even use SET PROCESS (I think)
to switch between foreground and background jobs, and EVE will let
you at least run DCL commands in a window. I'm not sure whether
you can have more than one DCL command in different windows at
the same time, but I don't see why not.

At any rate, the best bet if you really want "screen" is to
try running "screen" on it. :)

Chris

Christopher Smith, Perl Developer
Amdocs - Champaign, IL

/usr/bin/perl -e '
print((~"\x95\xc4\xe3"^"Just Another Perl Hacker.")."\x08!\n");
'