More VMS

From: Allison <ajp166_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed Mar 27 15:13:35 2002

Your assumption was partially correct.

A DEC terminal such as VT340 is required IF your using a
serial connection. (some of the protocal info is in the tube).
There are clones that know how to as well.

Another connection could be an XZY generic terminal
through a latserver.

A PC running the required software to emulate a DEC VT340
or VT420. This software is SETHOST (runs under dos and
was part of pathworks package). NOTE: this can use either
a NIC (LAT) or Serial line.

DEC VT1200 (and others) support multisession via LAT.

OR... any combo of VAXen with tube/keyboard and maybe
mouse.

Some of those combos are like unix in the overal topology
others require a DEC multisession tube or a clone of same.

Allison