HPIB programming assistance

From: Steve Robertson <steven_j_robertson_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 28 12:18:15 2002

Hey guys,

I am working on a project to breath life back into some old hardware. I
order to do so, I need some documentation / assistance in writing low-level
routines to talk to various HPIB devices. Specifically: I would like to talk
to a HP 7978 tape drive, a CS80 compatible tape drive, or a common HPIB disk
drive.

I don't need help with HPIB protocol, I need to know the sequence of
commands (sent across the bus) to move data into and out of those devices. I
would expect to find this information in the programming manuals for those
devices but so far, have been unable to locate the docs.

If anyone can provide documentation for any of those devices or has
experience programming them, I'd appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,
SteveRob