QL (was: ZX-81 Question)

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 28 13:57:39 2002

--- Stan Barr <stanb_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote:
> Just been getting some old BASIC-PLUS games transferred to my
> PDP-11 emulator running RSTS/E...good fun...just need an
> adventure in basic.

Scott Adams "Adventureland" and "Pirate's Adventure" were available
in BASIC for the PET and TRS-80. The TRS-80 version was printed
in the Byte issue in the late-1970s-to-early-1980s with the
theme "Games" and a picture of pirates and other nasties creeping up
on an unsuspecting user in the foreground. If I could remember the
year, I'd provide it.

Needs a minimum of 16K (external data file required); with 24K, you
can have the data statements and the engine in memory at the same time.

Sloooow, though. I learned machine language on the PET to speed up
those games (it worked, too!)

-ethan