The Future End of Classic Computing

From: Michael Nadeau <menadeau_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri Mar 29 11:40:59 2002

The classic computing hobby aside, The CBDTPA is stupid on a number of
levels. Most electronics manufacturers are against it, for example. They say
it will discourage innovation and slow the development of new products.
Civil libertarians oppose it for potential privacy issues and its likelihood
of impeding the free flow of information.

By all means, contact your Congress critter if you want to express your
opposition. I suggest, however, that you bring up some of the more high
profile arguments against the bill as well as its impact on the hobby.

The CBDTPA is not a done deal. Powerful forces are lined up on both sides,
and strong public opinion against the bill could well kill it.

--Mike

Michael Nadeau
Editor/Publisher
Classic Tech, the Vintage Computing Resource
www.classictechpub.com