The Future End of Classic Computing

From: ajp166 <ajp166_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sat Mar 30 17:25:58 2002

From: liste_at_artware.qc.ca <liste_at_artware.qc.ca>

>> That and the digital stuff has spurs off the bandwidth in all
directions
>> with it's wideband noise. Damn near ruined parts of 6M ham bad with
>> the crud they radiate.
>
>Have you seen this as a fact? Slashdot had an article in the last while
>(can't find it) about someone who'd put a spectrum analyser next to his
>wireless card and found that next to nothing was leaking into other
bands.

Then he wasn't looking in the right places.

Intermod at the site, many transmitters, CH2,4,5,7 at the same general
site plus various other services and a pot load of UHF sources.

Besides I know it's from there as my beam when pointed that way spots
spurs every 150kHz and 60KHz. Many of the local 6m set have been
trying to spot the specific source right down to the specific
transmitter.
Makes weak signal stuff pretty difficult.

Allison