FYI: Yahoo Mail Account info Alert. (fwd)

From: Doc <doc_at_mdrconsult.com>
Date: Sat Mar 30 21:56:20 2002

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Kent Borg wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 08:43:47AM -0700, Richard Erlacher wrote:
> > If enough folks simply block all emails from the Yahoo.com domain, a lot of
> > SPAM will go away. It's the same for mindspring, Hotmail, MSN, AOL, etc.
>
> I get a fair amount of spam, and I can't remember the last time I got
> any that was actually sent to my machine from Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, or
> AOL. Sure, I get *LOTS* of spam that claims to come from one of them,
> but most of the time these days it actually came from a middle school
> in Korea. (Whoever put Korea schools in the internet left open relays
> at every one.)

  True, to a certain extent. But I do get quite a lot of spam with
either the Reply To: address or a reply addy embedded in the body that
IS a Yahoo account. Or Hotmail, or recently mostly MSN

  I've long since quit looking at where the crap came from, and started
targetting where they want me to *answer*. Their whole point is to sell
you something, so they have to give you a real point of contact. That's
where the real trail starts.

        Doc