The Future End of Classic Computing

From: pat_at_cart-server.purdueriots.com <(pat_at_cart-server.purdueriots.com)>
Date: Sun Mar 31 07:36:57 2002

Well, it looks like it might not go through quite so quickly. If it does,
I think I might get into the hoarding business and then 'illegally sell
unprotected equipment' after I move to Canada or something.

Anyhow, check out this on Wired:

If you're gonna try to create opposition to this, try to get your
non-technical friends involved. Watch what they say when you say 'after
this bill goes into effect, selling ANYTHING electronic you currently own
will be illegal.' I'm sure that'll turn the heads of just about anyone.

I'm just dreading the copy-proof kitchen. :)

-- Pat