Wanted: L5-30 Receptacle or Adapter in US

From: Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com>
Date: Mon Feb 17 11:41:00 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Jeffrey Sharp wrote:

> I'm looking for someone in the US with a L5-30 receptacle or an adapter
> so that I can plug my L5-30-plugged DEC 861PC Power Controller into a
> standard wall outlet.

That should be something you can find at your local hardware or electrical
supply store.

I just found an L5-30R by searching Home Depot's site (Leviton Model
70530FR): $13.95.

Be aware that you are asking to plug a 30-amp device into a standard wall
outlet (I assume you mean a standard US receptacle with two vertical
blades and possible a ground pin). This is not recommended, since those
types of receptacles usually only accomodate up to 20 amps. You need a 30
amp circuit.

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org
 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *
Received on Mon Feb 17 2003 - 11:41:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:35:55 BST