Moving a VAX 6000

From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini_at_iee.org>
Date: Sat Mar 1 05:09:00 2003

> > I'm not sure that the docs and the machines are in the same
> > hands though (I've not been keeping track).
> Well, I think you know that the person in question is Ragge.
> Maybe someone should ask about VAX6000 support on port-vax.
> Maybe there
> is somthing going on that I am not aware of.

I'm pretty sure I sent the docs to Johnny Billquist. It may
be that he has the docs and Ragge has the hardware. Or it may
be that my memory is failing and I sent him something else ...

> > I thought it was VAX 7000 support that was on hold?
> I think there was never any sort of effort of getting NetBSD
> on the VAX 7000 / DEC 7000 due to very undocumented hardware.

I have sent *some* docs (again to Johnny IIRC). My recollection is
that there is enough to understand the CPU and I/O cards. Whether
there is enough to do Laserbus support, I don't recall.

My last two emails to Johnny got bounced because Update thinks
ntl (ny ISP) relays spam. So feel free to ask either of them what
is going on and point them my way if they don't have what I think
they have. I don't yet have either a VAX 6000 or a VAX/DEC 7000 so
there's no particular rush :-)

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini             arcarlini_at_iee.org